Unami Jeremiah, from Botswana, is the Young Women’s Coordinator at World YWCA. A 2015 Chevening scholar, Unami has a MSc in Development studies from the London School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS). In 2015, she was awarded a Seed Grant from Women Deliver for her work on Project Unbreakable, a sexual harassment campaign in institutions of higher learning education in Botswana. She is a Southern Africa Representative in the Africa-Europe committee for the Commonwealth Youth Council, a Mandela Washington fellow and she was honored as a Royal commonwealth society Associate for the advancement of youth voices in the commonwealth. . Unami is passionate about advancing women and girls’ participation in political leadership and economic decision-making. She is exciteded to join the She Speaks Blog team to change the way young women’s stories are told.
- Self-affirmation journey
- Feminist Myths We Must Get Rid Of!
- From Bamako to International Geneva
- The Amazing, Bold, and Transformed Me
- Driving Transformative change
- For a world free of discrimination
- Change Starts With Us!
- The Stigma Around Caring for Your Mental Health
- Creating a New Me
- Expanding My Horizons through AU