Home » Topics » OUR HEALTH » Is the menstrual cup better than pads? How so?

Is the menstrual cup better than pads? How so?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Lately I’ve been reading more of the menstrual cup and it’s benefits. However, I’m not sure if it’s uncomfortable or not very hygienic. Anyone has experience with this?

Anonymous

Hi! I use my cup every period, and have done so for years. It might take some training in the beginning, but for me now it is both more comfortable and hygienic than traditional pads and tampons. It can stay in for 12 hours, so you do not have to think about it so much, it lasts for years (around 10, they say) so you will not have to buy it often, and it saves sooo much waste. Cloth pad are however a good solution to traditional ones if you still prefer pads – I sometimes use them as well.

eschonberg
    Participant

I have been wondering the same thing about menstrual cups. It seems like a much better alternative to pads or tampons in terms of the environment, but I worry about hygiene too. How often does it need to be cleaned? I am accustomed to using tampons so I worry that the transition may be difficult. Does anyone have a helpful resource they could share about the benefits of using menstrual cups and how to make the transformation smoother? I would love to do more research!

Anonymous

Every 12 hours, when you empty it, it need to be rinsed, in clean water, eiter from the tap or a bottle you have with you. Then it needs to be sanitised onces in a while, typically once a month (before/after your periode) – I chose to boil mine every 1-2 mounths and it is fine (as long as it is properly rinsed in clean water in everyday use). I would check out Precious Stars Vlogs on Youtube if you have not already – the young woman who runs the account has been talking about this kind of products and how to use them for years.

Talisa
    Participant

I think the menstrual cup is better regarding financial expends, when we buy one menstrual cup we can use it many times as long as we follow some structural hygiene rules( like cleaning it every time we use it).
    But of course pads are much more easier to find and cheaper to buy in emergency situations.

josefroeo
    Participant

(Awaiting moderation)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.